Yes, that was a bomb

Guess what!? There's a whole bunch of crazy things going on in India right now. Here's a few: Satyam, one of the top three IT companies has confessed to 'cooking the books' for several years...media outlets are calling the debacle India's very own Enron (I've always wanted my own Enron). The government sacked the Satyam board of directors and had installed a new board in a matter of days--proof that government bureaucrats do, in fact, work (at some things). There's also federal elections coming up in March, which is exciting enough on its own. AND there's all these crazy security measures and military shows after the 26/11 attacks. There was a military expo at my university the other day, which I wasn't aware of until a few bombs went off in the distance (I resisted the urge to jump into the nearest pile of garbage--military material, I am not). Scary, but interesting to see.

Anyways, tomorrow I'm going to see my aunt's NGO called Swadhar. A couple of people from my exchange will be tagging along to see if we can volunteer with them.

The next four months are going to be really interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fan(,) you feel it?

Tortellini

It's Raining Men. Hallelujah?